COLOGNE, Germany – If doubters required any further evidence that Germany's pay-TV market is on the up, they got it with this week's announcement that NBCUniversal International Television will launch its flagship pay-TV brand, Universal Channel, on German pay networks Sky Deutschland and Deutsche ...
On Timberlake, Hader said "he’s great" and "a real class act." "Also, the guy doesn’t show up with anybody. It’s just him," Hader said. In contrast, Hader said Bieber came to ...
PHOTOS: Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards 2012 The theme of this year's event, "Close Up," celebrates the 40th anniversary of Women in Film, Los Angeles, and will "take a close look at the organization's history and accomplishments, focusing on where women are in the media industries today and examining exactly what WIF needs to do, directionally and programmatically, ...
that had stopped Cablevision’s remote-storage DVR. Diller and Aereo’s leaders knew that the Cablevision ruling raised issues similar to those represented by Aereo and thus would be their best hope of beating the broadcasters. But Aereo’s success was less than assured. Even though the company prevailed at an initial stage by getting a judge to deny the broadcasters’ ...
president and CEO of PromaxBDA International. "Breaking on to the film scene as Luke Skywalker and going on to produce, direct and write, he has successfully established himself as one of the leading voice actors through numerous and memorable roles, most notably as the Joker in the many incarnations of the Batman franchise." The Don LaFontaine Legacy Award, which was introduced for ...
The Score is a solid piece of old-fashioned genre work starring a brilliantly assembled cast of heavyweight American actors, one from each of the last three generations. The film relies heavily on the well-worn conventions of the heist picture, and parts of it are so familiar that they feel like comfortable old clothes. Yet, there are just enough twists and surprises to keep even seasoned ... ...
A behind the scenes look at our cover shoot of Showtime's crime drama 'Homeland' with Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa, Claire Danes and Damian ...
Obituaries In a career spanning more the 60 years, Forrest frequently was cast as a leading man or "heavy." An aficionado of the American Western, he delighted in roles that glorified the genre, including guest-starring appearances in such television classics ...
Marblemedia bringing 'Splatalot' to kids TV Garcia, most recently director of acquisitions and development at FremantleMedia, becomes director of U.S. development and acquisitions. She also completed executive stints at Alchemy Television, and the ICM and CAA talent agencies. "As our development slate broadens into the prime-time scripted space, expanding our presence in L.A. is ...
MTV's David Janollari Opens Up About 'Jersey Shore's' Uncertain Future, 'Teen Mom' Controversy and What's Next Less than a year after the executive departed MTV as head of programming, Janollari has inked a three-year deal to develop scripted fare for NBC. The pact reunites Janollari with NBC entertainment ...
The title character is further described as hollowed out on the inside and hard as a rock after his third tour has taken a toll on him. Quarry, it turns out, was part of a controversial attack on a village in Vietnam that is the subject of a public ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Wrest Point Hotel & Casino, Hobart, Australia
This 4 star hotel, casino and entertainment complex is situated on the foreshores of Sandy Bay in Hobart, the capital ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Bangladesh SunBangladesh Sun - Authoritative Bangladesh News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Bangladesh Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Bangladesh news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Bangladesh news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Bangladesh news, the weather forecast for Bangladesh you'll find it all in the Bangladesh Sun.
From Dhaka to Chattagam, the Bangladesh Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
DHAKA - A high level US delegation led by the State Department's Under Secretary for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman will visit Bangladesh this weekend to press for a major overhaul of labour safety regulations following the nation's deadliest industrial accident, an official said Wednesday.
The collapse of a nine-storey factory complex housing several garment units outside the capital last month killing 1,127 workers has brought to fore the appalling safety conditions in Bangladesh's 4,500 garment factories.
During the two-day visit, the US delegations will meet officials in the Bangladesh government.
"They'll talk about labour law reforms and what is the best way to proceed," US ambassador Dan Mozena told reporters here Wednesday.
"They'll talk about fire safety standards -- a minimum standard for every factory. They'll talk about minimum structural soundness standards," he said.
If the proposals are accepted, "it will become the largest 'better work' programme in history", he said.
US firms are among the leading garment importers from Bangladesh, which has emerged as the largest garments manufacturing hub after China. Ahead of the US move, the European brands have already made it clear that unless the work conditions are improved they would stop procuring garments from Bangladesh, while EU has threatened to stop the liberal trade policy accorded to the Asian nation. ...
- April sees Japan trade deficit jump to 879.9bn yen
- China central bank switches to liquidity injection
- Premarket Stock futures off lows after Nikkei plunge
- Markets roiled by Nikkeis 7.3 percent slide
- Global Markets Reel on Nikkeis 7.3 Slide
- Homes with dogs have more types of bacteria
- Fish larvaes visual system plays key role in hunting prey
- Schizophrenia symptoms eliminated in animal model
- Hastings backs Wilkinson for Lions
- Step Toward Universal Flu Vaccine Shows Promise In Animal Tests
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- Councils embrace social media
- Love dont cost a ring-ring...Jennifer Lopez launches her own mobile phone store chain
- Weiss Bier cocktail with charred orange and bourbon
- Flexible solar cells and displays may be possible with transparent electrode
- Whats that Dell Youre out HDS punts pay-per-use cloud storage
- Google engineer bashes Microsofts handling of security researchers discloses Windows zero-day
- French police end missing persons searches suggest using Facebook instead
- SoftBank said to be in talks with US to allay national security fears
- Find how fit you are for your age
- Russian rocket wreckage threatens Ecuador satellite
- Over 10 new oil fields found in Siberia
- UN urges collective efforts to achieve water secure world on Day for Biological Diversity
- Climate Changes Effects In Species Interaction
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- Soligenix ThermoVax technology receives US patent
- FDA approves entry of R-Tech ophthalmic solution into Phase III trials
- Study sheds light on the phenomenon of general anesthesia
- European US NSTE-ACS guidelines recommend bivalirudin alone in patients undergoing PCI
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Bangladesh Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
- Kolkata hosts meet to enhance bilateral trade ties with Bangladesh
- Building Materials Blamed For Bangladesh Factory Collapse
- Shoddy construction materials faulted for Bangladesh building collapse in govt probe
- Dhaka factory owner ‘violated codes’