The company is shelling out $140 million upfront and up to $334 million in development, regulatory and commercial milestones for access to San Diego-based Rempex' promising pipeline of antibacterial drug candidates, including ...
, "Nanoparticles were prepared by spontaneous emulsification method and had a particle size of 168-260 nm with zeta potential of 25.2-26.4 mV. The in vitro release studies in simulated tear fluid exhibited biphasic release pattern with an initial burst followed by sustained release upto 12 h. The sterility tests confirmed that formulation was free from viable microorganisms and suitable for ...
, about what she called the "controversy" over the vaccines against human papilloma virus, or HPV, an infection that causes cervical, throat, penile, and anal cancers. She featured one mother who says that Gardasil, the HPV vaccine made ...
V interesting debate going on re: Wed's ep on HPV vaccine controversy! We're hoping to tell both sides so parents can make informed ...
Roche could pay out more than $1 billion to Molecular Partners over the next few years under a research and licensing deal centred on the latter's DARPin-based route of drug ...
The Uninvited [Blu-Ray]
When The Uninvited was released in late February 1944, Hollywood horror was entering a particularly lowly period. Glancing over the list of horror titles released that year, one quickly catches immediate whiffs of exhaustion, regurgitation, and desperation, as studios were ch ... ...
Bangladesh SunBangladesh Sun - Authoritative Bangladesh News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Bangladesh Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Bangladesh news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Bangladesh news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Bangladesh news, the weather forecast for Bangladesh you'll find it all in the Bangladesh Sun.
From Dhaka to Chattagam, the Bangladesh Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
announced that it had received FDA clearance to start a phase 2B/3 trial of its novel beta-blocker, Gencaro (bucindolol) for the prevention of atrial fibrillation in patients with heart failure. The GENETIC-AF trial has all the hallmarks of the modern era: the drug will only be tested in patients with a genetic variation that the company believes may predict a positive response to the drug. And ...
In response to the growing debate over disclosure of clinical trial data, Pfizer has announced an updated policy and web site that will publish ...
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Nov. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OXiGENE, Inc. (Nasdaq:OXGN), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutics to treat cancer, announced the appointment of Frederick W. Driscoll to its board of directors, effective January 1, 2014. Mr. Driscoll is a respected executive and financial management expert with more than 30 years of experience in ...
(Oxford, U.K. and Philadelphia, U.S, 20 November, 2013) -- Adaptimmune, the T cell therapy company pioneering engineered T cell receptors for the treatment of cancer and infectious disease, today announced the appointment of Dr Jonathan Knowles as the new executive Chairman of the Board of Directors with immediate effect. Dr Knowles succeeds Nicholas Cross who has been Chairman of the company ...
OXFORD, United Kingdom and MARLBOROUGH, Mass., Dec. 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (Nasdaq:OXFD) (the "Company") announced today that Herman ("Herm") Rosenman has been appointed as a member of the Company's Board of Directors and will serve as Chairman of the Board's Audit Committee. Mr. Rosenman served most recently as Senior Vice ...
EWING, N.J., Dec. 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Celator Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:CPXX), a pharmaceutical company developing new and more effective therapies to treat cancer, today announced the appointment of Derek Miller as Chief Business Officer. Miller will be responsible for corporate development of the company, including the commercialization of existing product opportunities, exploring ...
Regensburg, Germany, December 4, 2013 / B3C newswire / - Lophius Biosciences GmbH, a privately held biotech company developing and marketing innovative T cell-based diagnostic systems for the early diagnosis and immunomonitoring, today announced that Dr. Robert Phelps has joined the Company as Director Business Operations. Dr. Phelps has more than thirteen years successful international ...
Seasoned Executives in Financial and Accounting Matters With International Experience PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (NYSE MKT:HEB) (the "Company" or "Hemispherx") today announced that the Board has appointed Thomas Equels as the new Chief Financial Officer and Adam Pascale as the new Chief Accounting Officer for Hemispherx ...
ago) Founded in 1979, Technical Resources International, Inc. (TRI) provides a unique range of support services in the areas of Communications, Health and Information Technology to both private industry and government agency clients. TRI is currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Compliance Specialist to join ...
Chapel Hill, NC - (December 4, 2013) - Kristen Harrington, Principal Programmer/Analyst, Rho, was appointed as the 2016 Conference Chair and a member of the Executive Committee for the Southeastern SAS User's Group (SESUG). The Southeastern SAS Users Group (SESUG) is a Regional Users Group (RUG) for users of SAS Software. "It is an honor for one of Rho's team members to be ...
They said it
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
Record Your Vote
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Bangladesh Sun.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel New York
I clambered up the stairs with my luggage whilst two bell attendants chatted away. I entered the huge lobby of ...Keep reading
Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh on Wednesday said India hoped that the forthcoming elections will strengthen democratic institutions, practices and processes in Bangladesh, while asserting that violence has no part in a democratic process
"We hope that the forthcoming elections will respond to the aspirations of people in Bangladesh and that they will be free, fair, impartial and peaceful and find wide acceptability. Democracy also means the ability to resolve differences through dialogues and peaceful means, without recourse to violence," she told media here today.
"I think all right thinking people will appreciate the fact that violence has no part in a democratic process. You cannot use violent means to achieve your ends," she added.
She reiterated India's concern regarding the ongoing violence in Bangladesh, and said that violence impacts most on the vulnerable sections of the society, which is not in anyone's interest.
Bangladesh, where general elections are scheduled to take place in January next year, has been witnessing street violence over the last five weeks.
The nation's opposition party, the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), led by Khaleda Zia, has said that it will boycott the general elections over the issue of not forming a neutral interim government. (ANI)
Top Pharmaceutical News from Yesterday
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian markets start nervous set for tense day amid Fed angst
- Japan to ease public offering rules - Nikkei
- Nikkei And Yen Pair Trade Still Has Legs In 2014
- PRECIOUS-Gold rallies suddenly as short covering offsets Fed worries
- Chinas yuan hits record high of 6.4470 against USD Tuesday
- Azhar Mahmood to play for Highveld Lions in Proteas domestic T20s
- Saharas wildlife suffers catastrophic collapse
- Killing of Hezbollah operative bears Israeli fingerprints
- US unveils lucky money notes for Chinas Year of the Horse
- US lawsuit wants chimps to be treated as ‘legal persons’
- No link between contact sports and brain disease Study
- Paper tax discs for vehicles to be scrapped the Chancellor will announce in Autumn Statement
- Style File House of East-enders
- Health chiefs want to raise cancer awareness among older people
- Toronto mayor agrees to appear on sports radio show
- Microsoft We dont provide governments with direct unfettered access to your data
- New USB standard no more hassle with upside down plugsThe next USB plugs -- ubiquitous on smartphones computers and other devices -- will finally be reversible a group creating the next USB standard says.
- Apples new Mac Pro launching 16 December claims German retailer
- Internet search engine Google begins making own robots
- Asian students surpass American peers in science math tests Report
- Hubble traces subtle signals of water on distant hazy planets
- Astronauts hope to grow lettuce on the moon in 2015
- Reports on Aerospace Research from National Aeronautics and Space Administration Provide New Insights
- Joint LNG purchase strategy being looked at by India and Japan
- China Mobile among three carriers to bag 4G licences
- Campaign to downsize Australian public broadcaster gathers steam
- Qantas flags $300m half year loss
- Qantas issues profit warning announces job cuts shares plummet
- The Medicines Company snaps up antibiotics firm Rempex
- Findings from JSS College of Pharmacy Broadens Understanding of Nanoparticles
- Four Ways Katie Couric Stacked The Deck Against Gardasil
- Katie Couric Promotes Anticancer Vaccine Alarmism
- Roche inks $1.1bn cancer pact with Molecular
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Bangladesh Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Violence has no part in a democratic process says Sujatha Singh at Dhaka
- Memo From Bangladesh Two Leaders’ Enmity Stokes Concern Over Vote in Fragile Democracy
- India calls for free fair polls in violence-hit Bangladesh
- New deadline by Bangladesh opposition
- Bangladesh turmoil hits cross-border trade via Petrapole